Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A week ahead ~

This week is going to be a different one.

That doesn't mean it's going to be bad, because I don't think it will be. But it isn't going to be the same, and it feels as if there's a pivotal point ahead.

For starts, today used to be my wedding anniversary. Huh. Just took my emotional temp to see how it was doing. It's fine. :) Not a twinge, not a glimmer or a hint of anything at all. Not related to that, anyway.
Ahhhhh. Feels GOOD.

Today is the 26th birthday of my former son-in-law. He's a good guy. I like him. Younger daughter and I are still relatively close to him. He and older daughter have made peace now as well, so I'm really happy about that.

Later today I'll be hanging out at the campus, which I haven't done for months. No work at the Monkey for me today, and just 2 short shifts this week. Grand total, 6 hours. OUCH.

Training, hopefully, for HR Block on Friday.

And most hopefully, my first 1/2 marathon on Saturday. I only say hopefully because I need to make sure that I won't be working that day, and if they do have me set I am going to try to get it switched with someone.

I'm pretty excited about that one! :)

It's walking at this point, but I'm hoping that since I'm training carefully that my foot will be able to handle running again. I just can't get laid up for 6 weeks in a boot if it breaks again...esp since I have no medical insurance at all and the state has cut all assistance for non-insured people. Is that the correct term? Non-insured? I don't know.
Anyway...what keeps me the most cautious are the words uttered the last time I broke it...surgery. NO.

Who would have thought, those couple years ago when I started walking to try to get away from my own thoughts and to feel like I was accomplishing something, ANYTHING, that it would become such a thing in my life?

I don't do the crazy arm pumping aerobic exercise walking. I have a specific gate that I have built for myself that is a little unorthodox for walkers. It's to help compensate for my foot and to maximize my shortness. :) I manage a 6 1/2 - 7 minute walking mile with it, and I'm told that's pretty darn good. I haven't checked into any official anything, I've avoided it. I do what I do, the way that I do it, for me. And only for me. I won't do it for any other reason. Not this.

But, as far as aerobic work goes, it takes a heck of alot to tire me down anymore. :) I like that also.

So, new job this week. New adventure set. New challenges. Old hurts gone.

AND...I remembered to take the garbage out.
Such a sense of accomplishment, every week. :)

Song has nothing whatsoever to do with anything, I just like it.

Seven Nation Army, The Glitch Mob Dubstep Remix


as always, publish now, edit later

No comments: