Friday, January 10, 2014

What cannot be said

So tired
In body and spirit.
A very busy day,
Daughters, friends in difficulties,
Preparing for the return to the office tomorrow
A brief light in the morning
A smile
House cleaned, things packed
Things made, recipes found
On the road, in the stores,
Rain
Wind
Cold
Warmth of one daughter's affection
Chill of another's derision
Texts from friends facing large beasts
Of their own making,
With courage.
Checking in, to be sure I am still standing watch with them.
Back to the house
Dogs out
Upstairs, the bed.
Blanket. Soft, welcoming.
Pillow, cool, white...
Clothes off, slide between blanket
So nice on my skin.
Warm.
Soft.
Wrapped around, I sink into sweet, deep sleep.
A dream
Body, long and olive
Warm, smooth
Alive under my hands
Feeling through my fingers into my own.
I shift, drift to surface of memory
Sigh
Sink again
Into scent
Taste
Touch
Legs entwined
Lips brush chest
Arm
Hand
Sound
Motion
Wave breaks
Body shakes
Awake
Filled with longing
To touch
Taste
Hear
Tease
Feel
Feelings to thoughts
Thoughts to words
Words to lips
Lips open to release to the universe
Not
Yet
And so
I wait

No comments: