Tuesday, November 11, 2014

you

2000 miles between us right now,
But not really...I fell asleep for a moment,  downstairs by the fire
Trying to be warm,
And I dreamed of you.
Nothing special,  just that you were here, sitting as you do,
reading quietly, 
a "huh" every now and again,  
or an "is that right?", spoken more to the air about something you've just learned and I, watching or working nearby, want to know what it is. 
You always share, and I thank you so much for that. 
My kitten-boy-almost-a-cat came onto my lap, head on my chest, purring, and woke me. 
Disappointed in that waking, I held him, stroking his fur, feeling his warmth on my cheek and took comfort in his company and friendship. 
And missed you. In every part of me.
I love you, you see. 
That's just how it is. That beautiful,  not sought for, unexpected, but somehow inevitable love. 
I've fought it, I've feared it, but I cannot deny it and have no longer have any wish to. To give up and let it be...how lovely. 
Now, on my bed...not in it, but on it, blanket wrapped around me, scent of you on this pillow, I close my eyes and you seem close. 
2000 miles away.  
But there's work I need to do this week, to keep me busy, occupied, mind off of you being gone. 
I should sleep now.  


No comments: