Monday, January 26, 2015

moon

Moon
Where?
oh...
good.

Hello, moon ~
outside my window, looking down, in my room.
Watching all.
knowing...

Security.

Walk tonight.
We do, or
I do; 
you're with me.

Tired.
So tired.

It happens,
through the woods, always the woods.
Paths known, by you, moon.
You light the path, always watching, 
I follow your light.

The door.

Opening.

Quiet, 
be quiet.

Still.

Don't make a sound.
no...
shhh.

Stepping through ~
hand over mouth
so quiet.

Eyes, open, 
seeing the way
on the path, 
the path...
following your light
through the woods,
each step the same
each step different.

Small.
So small.

So tired.
Tired.

Focus, focus on the path, 
watch the light.
Look.
Look for the grass, see it, think about seeing it...
tall, taller than before, moving.

Strange.
It didn't do that before.

The same, only different.

Where, where is the tree? 
Find it, find it...
see? See, it's there.

Low branches in the light
branches to climb,
climb to the moon, to look for the fairies...
see them?
See?
No...but look for dreams.
Watch.
Watch for the dreams.

Be still. 
Be...
quiet.

Shhh...

The walk, it changes, just a little
each time.
A branch, bent a little, maybe broken,
A stone, moved...or more.

What? 
A sound.

Afraid, fear in the light, no...
It's safe here.
Still...I am afraid.

Wait ~

Is it someone?

Do they see?

Do they know?

Tired.
Hurt.
Hurting. 

Moon, stay, Stay with me,
Don't leave, don't take your light.
I...need you.

I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.

I'm.
So.
Tired.

Time to go. 
Going back, 
back through the woods, by the tree,
the grasses
to the room.

Through the door
of the secret walk.

Never told.
No one knows.

Who would care?

Footsteps. Again.
Away.

Dreams.
Dreams of nights when the walk never ends.
Never come back.
Stay in the woods,
in your light, 
in the tree...
reach the stars, the fairies, the dream.

alone.

small. safe, hidden.

but never alone, with you.

You. 

Always watching.

With me.

Moon.






No comments: