Thursday, December 29, 2011

i told ya it was gonna happen!

Playlist got added to. :)
Love my music.
Helps me work when I'm doing essays, uploading sales, placing orders, managing lists, besides the dancing and oh-so-hated-housework...AND the training for the half marathon in 3 weeks.
So, ready?
The previous playlist is close to being intact, although some were removed for not quite fitting in the groove. Hanson is out, Buble is on his other list, Temper Trap moved...tempo didn't flow for the training, had to be changed. I still like the songs. Hey, it was a tough love call, lol!
But added in are the following(again, no order, it runs on shuffle and I'm pulling from Youtube while they are playing):


ZZ Top
Tube Snake Boogie
what? I don't have to explain ANYTHING


I am pretty sure I've got this song on the blog somewhere...maybe on the last playlist! Anyway, it's worth putting up again.
From the Bright Lights/Big City soundtrack
M/A/R/R/S
Pump Up The Volume
(cannot even begin to tell you how this song makes me feel)

Kind of an odd vid, but it's got fun retro junk in it
:)

Another soundtrack add...From Teenage Drama Queen
Fan 3 (little freakin' white girl)
BOOM
(i like it in the car, i like in my room)

Hmmmm...
this one snuck in here, but it'll stay
It works with the stride I use
and I really like the damn thing
Kelly Clarkson
Mr Know It All
mmmhmmm

I don't care what anybody says about her,
Clarkson is a survivor...
so she's got my vote.

Next:
Rihanna
Where Have You Been
(it's the official vid but dang...it bugs me, that picture. I think she's a beautiful woman and this is just freakish in a zombie type way)

 I just want to be in a club when this song is on
the lights
the bass
the people
"i've been everywhere, yeah"

Did I mention before how much I love MCR???
My Chemical Romance
Planetary (GO)
from the Danger Days cd
(this is a live performance from The House Of Blues...Gerard has his red hair...i got used to it. As long as he isn't blonde he absolutely stops me from breathing for the first few moments...jeez)


:)

Jessie J
Who's Laughing Now
(i'm sayin' this chick, she sounds exactly the same live and acoustic)
and I LOOOOVEEEEE the woman's shoes, damn!

LOL! AfroJack, feat. Eva Simons
Take Over Control
I offer no apologies or explanations for this one
...coz I have none...
:)
(my playlist version is a dance club mix, but the basics are the same...just mine is waaaaaay more fun)


OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
sorry
K.
I am kinda feeling jipped that I am just getting into this band.
They've been around for awhile and they are perfectly perfectly
me
A fb friend shared.
Little did he know ~
Rival for MCR in that spot in my heart
(i know, right???)
The Arctic Monkeys
Teddy Picker
(this is good good good stuff!!!!!)

oh yeah


Ahem
So, saw these next guys in concert this past month. Dang good show. One of those bands that plays just as good live, actually better because the energy is off the hook.
They are coming back to Seattle in the next few months, we are soooo going. Get a full set instead of the shortened 40 minute thing because it was part of huge multi-band.

Foster the People
Helena Beat
(yes, this has been on the blog before. Some say it's about suicide, I think it's about withdraw and recovery)


To be honest, their songs are a bit out there...some range right up in the anthem of an anti kind of thing. But I'm aware and I don't subscribe so it doesn't bother me.

Old one here.
Damn sexy song.
One of the best, in my opinion.
Funny thing is, Dave Stewart(eurythmics), who co-wrote, says that the guitar line is nothing more than simple beginner's exercises.
Then add in the sax, played by the amazing Candy Dulfer and
WOW

Lily Was Here...Candy Dulfer


...just sayin'...


So, sort of a shock to my system, going into the next song.
Another Foster the People
Don't Stop (Color On the Walls)
this one may not stay on this particular list, but I like it at the moment.
It just has a different flavor to it
It's a fun video, has some "names" in it, you'll likely recognize them


Oh WOW...the other Arctic Monkey on this list for now...need some more but these are what I have at the moment

From The Ritz To The Rubble
LOVE THE GUITARS AND DRUMS
gee wiz


hmmm...this song is a repeat from the other lists...so while it's playing I'm going to keep working on the actual jobs that I'm doing in between this...
yes, people.
I work.
lol
(btw...it's Linkin Park, In Pieces)

Oh, good. I'm in the middle of uploading sales items and this is another repeat. Another Linkin Park, Burning in the Skies
brb

Ha! Got alot accomplished there.
Jessie J, again
Domino
...not sure on this one either, but the stride ratio is correct and the song is fun...
man, I think she sounds like Katy Perry in this song
except that she can sing LIVE, lol


another repeat, Linkin Park
When They Come For Me
I love the rap in this, so posting the lyrics
(warning...language...pass it on by if you don't want it. You get to take responsibility for yourself here)

I am not / a pattern to be followed
The pill that I'm on is a tough one to swallow
I'm not a criminal / not a role model
Not a born leader I'm a tough act to follow
I am not / the fortune and the fame
Nor a sane person telling you to forfeit the game
I came in the ring like a dog on a chain
And I found out the underbelly's sicker than it seems
And it seems ugly / but it can get worse
'Cause even a blueprint is a gift and a curse
'Cause once you got a theory of how the thing works
Everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first
And I'm not a robot
I'm not a monkey
I will not dance even if the beat's funky
Opposite of lazy / far from a punk
Ya'll ought to stop talking
start trying to catch up motherfucker
And all the people say
Lauryn said money change a situation
Big said it increase the complication
Kane said don't step / I ain't the one
Chuck said you're losing your motherfucking time
And I'm just a student of the game that they taught me
Rockin' every stage in every place that they brought me
I'm awfully underrated / but came here to correct it
And so it ain't mistaken I'ma state that for the record
/I am / the opposite of whack / opposite of weak
Opposite of slack / 
synonym of heat
Synonym of crack /
closest to a peak
Far from a punk
Ya'll ought to stop talking / start trying to catch up motherfucker
And all the people say
Oh when they come for me
Come for me
I'll be gone

Hmmm...alot of repeats, which I knew, but they were all in a row. No matter, I got a bunch of stuff done, lol!

New on this list now, but an old favorite
Perry Farrell
Go All The Way (into the Twilight)
YES, it's from the movie
this is actually the song that is playing at the prom in the first movie. Song was around before, though, I remember hearing it.
I LIKE it :)
no...this is NOT the official video...if you want to check that out, feel free, it's pretty raunchy tho.



Another new one, but not new to the blog. In fact, I think I posted it a day ago, lol.
Morgan Page, feat Angela McCluskey
In the Air
Lyrics below
and this is the vid that I like, not the official


I'm feeling it, I'm feeling a change
I'm feeling it, I'm feeling a change
In the air

To look the other way to get what you want
Throw out your troubles to find your song
Cause there's a change, a change in the air
In the air, in the air
Just one more minute here with you
All I give to have this come true
Can you feel it too
Can you feel this heart beating in time
Wishing it was your's but it's gotta be mine
Couldn't believe everything I feel
You walked in you saw me just there

Don't close that door, don't walk away
Don't shut your eyes, you can hear me say
I love you now more than everyday
It's ok

Give every bit to have you here
Give every moment to see your tear
Give everything I got from now til my last breath

Besides all the obvious (the beat, the vocals, the melody/harmony flow, the layers of sound), this song helps me remember that
soooo many of us are all in the same place.
So, why is it so difficult for people to connect?
Yeah.
Moving on

OLD OLD OLD song, been on almost every playlist I've ever had
Londonbeat
I've been thinking about You ~


This song has also been on the blog, in the past year.
Funny story.
Still love the song.
Always have
Frankie Goes To Hollywood
RELAX


Nirvana...Smells Like Teen Spirit
I have a live version, not sure what one i'll find when i look for the vid
I have heard that Miley Cyrus has done a cover of it...what idiot authorized that? Shoot them ~
omg
anyway ~


Another rocking woman
P!NK
Trouble

White Tie Affair
You Look Better When I'm Drunk


giggle

K. That's it. The old ones as well and these added in.
I got so much online work done while putting this on here!
YAY

Enjoy your day, make it amazing. It IS up to you ~







No comments: