Sunday, September 30, 2012

and another...Wonderwall, Ryan Adams

I"ve always enjoyed the song by Oasis, then I heard this version this morning. I like it even better. 

Wonderwall
Ryan Adams



Small note:
Noel Gallagher has said that he never really could get his head around this song until he went and saw Ryan Adams perform it. 
Heart is everything. 


This song has many different interpretations and meanings given to it, but this one is the closest to what the song has always given me. From Song Meanings:

This song to me is about someone a mentor like Necronic suggests or a very good friend who may have borne the brunt of problems in the friendship or helped a friend through a bad time. Their situations have been reversed and now the "stronger" friend has fallen from his/her usual state.
Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do, about you now

The weaker friend has to realize that he/she needs to help his/her friend. Now the previously stronger friend needs help. But he/she is scared of that for some reason.


Today was gonna be the day
But they'll never throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you're not to do

In this couplet he is commenting on the situation and how they both expect the other to help.
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do, about you now

This is a dual meaning section. The previously stronger friend wants to ask but doesn't know how. And the previously weaker friend wants to help but doesn't know how. Both of them are afraid to acknowledge the situation.

And all the roads that lead you there are winding
And all the lights that light the way are blinding
There are many things that I
Would like to say to you but I don't know how

Though hope is never lost and there is still that chance so help those who helped you. (I'm such a hypocrite)

I said maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me
You're gonna be the one that saves me
You're gonna be the one that saves me
Read more at http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/38/#jpuT6QizMcVYayqM.99 

No comments: