Sunday, June 9, 2013

Tonight...i am tired.
The peace of the past morning is remembered...
Inside, I am the same ~
But
Tonight I am soul weary
Heart worn
Bone tired and body beaten.

Tonight I am spent
All through
No hope
No joy
Only work seen as far as an eye can see.

Creating happiness is too much
Tonight.

Curled on my bed
Listening to the night sounds that bring solace...
The owls, bullfrogs...nothing.
Discomfort, bruised, aching body tonight,
Scars pulling, stretching, burning.

Pain, tonight.
I can't beat it tonight.
Too tired to get ahead of it tonight.
Drowning in it. Tonight.

I know that morning comes soon, and with it the light and hope will return.
I live in hope, always...it's a choice and it's lovely.
There,
I remember why I do what I do
I see how far I've come
I encourage
Support
Love
I understand
I forgive
I accept.

Just not tonight.

No comments: