Thursday, March 6, 2014

health care

The thing of the moment, for many folks, is health care coverage.

I'm not going to go into all of what it is, etc. here. This is a link, if you're interested.

http://obamacarefacts.com/affordablecareact-summary.php

I've been trying to sign up, have been for awhile now.
Besides cost, the issue that I keep running into is this:

On my taxes, I file hoh. I'm not looking for health care coverage for my daughter, she already has it. To sign up, it won't let me choose hoh, it requires that I pick "single". When I do, it then requires me to add every person living in the home, regardless of whether or not I am seeking coverage for them. So, I add daughter. Then it tells me that I cannot continue because her number is already on file elsewhere, and that I have to call. I've called twice in the process, gotten through to a person once, after an hour, and then been dropped. Doing it again tomorrow.

It's frustrating.

but i'm trying.

Know what bites? I'm still going to barely be able to afford it, even at the reduced rate. Besides the fact that I hate the fact that I'm going to be subsidized.

But that's another issue.

Feeling kinda crummy right now.


No comments: