Monday, March 3, 2014

Smile. Tony Bennett.

Not the first time this song has been in this blog...I doubt it's the last. This song has been a motto in my life for most of my life.

Tonight there are many tears, and I feel bad that I just cannot seem to stop them. Molly is doing the job she's done for 2 decades, sitting with me through it. That seems so ironic to me.

I know there's more than just this, although "this" is plenty. Frustration over my child, getting the house listed, and a mixture of gratitude for work for someone yet knowing that the missing, on my part, will be tough. That's okay, it's for a good thing. If it brings a feeling and boost of financial and life security to someone and family, that's what matters. My silly emotions will regulate. Because for all of my fanciful, ridiculous floofy ways, which are very much a part of me, I am quite practical.

Just don't ever think that my smile means that I don't care so very much more than you see. I do.

This is a very nice version, my favorite. Please look it up, blog bots. I can't post it directly from my phone and I just can't face the computer tonight.

At least the tears seem to have cleared out a strange eye issue that I was dealing with.

Tony Bennett
SMILE

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7B2_RYZVjs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments: