Friday, May 23, 2014

ergh

So, tomorrow it's been a week since the incident at work. And it's been a rough week. As I'm slowly coming out of the fog around that day I'm realizing how deeply it affected me. Damn it. I have a total understanding now of the term "dick in the dirt", in a way that I hadn't before. Just this evening, as I decided to spend a little time taking care of myself,  did that became clear to me. I can't say that I've always looked forward to going to work but I've rarely dreaded it. That's changed, and it's a struggle. I keep thinking that each day will get easier as more time passes, but so far that just isn't the case. Then again, it's been a very long 2 wks, working double shifts and extra days with only 2 days of and those a week apart. But after my morning shift tomorrow I have 3.5 days off. I can barely wait.

And, conditions in the neighborhood are getting worse.  Tonight a couple of kids were beginning to hit the fence with their skateboards and I had to confront them.

I've been stuck in the thought that I need a different job before I list the house. No. I had to pad on a good job because the start date was immediate. So, I need to list and sell, relocateand then find the job. Because bottom line, I have to get us out of here and I'm tired of saying that and not accomplishing it. There's a beast of a wall to paint, and that's it. It's ready to go, much is already packed.

So.

Yeah.

I do feel a little better understanding how much that incident impacted me.

Now I just need to be brave and take care of it.


No comments: