Wednesday, May 14, 2014

this morning

This morning, the sun is shining. 
This morning, kitten discovered the joys of a toilet paper roll. 
This morning, the birds with a nest out front had eggs hatch. 
This morning, I listened to Come To Me. and smiled. 
This morning, another box packed. 
This morning, I paid bills. Not much money left, but the light switches do things, water is hot, internet works, baby has new shoes, water turns on when we want it and the garbage gets picked up. 
This morning, I have a sunburn. 
 This morning, I worked on a gift for a someone for the coming winter. 
This morning, coffee is lovely.
 This morning, I miss him. 
 And his someones. 
 This morning, I got a text from my older girl.
 This morning, the air is clean and crisp. 
This morning, younger girl is sleeping deep in her bed, dark hair mussed into her pillow, the same sweet look on her face that she's had since baby days. 
This morning, I danced. 
This morning, I feel summer coming. 

So shake your ass or whatever else you want to and do this thing. 
Make it awesome. 
Make it brilliant. 
Make it real and god...make it alive. 
 My current earworm (these guys are the bomb)

The Kongos
Hey I Don't Know


No comments: