Saturday, November 26, 2011

Yeah, it was yours, but... EDIT

Not anymore. You took this song and kept it as your anthem of your intentions towards me and the girls long before you stated anything outwardly. You wouldn't play it around us, choosing instead to play it and then shut it down the second we were within ear shot...a strategic move, planned. I knew, from the sly smile that you'd play across your face. I knew all about the clubbing, the women, the lies, the plans...the dating sites, the text messaging, the emails. I knew about the Alderwood connection, the love cards you bought. I knew it all. I still was willing to let it go, to just let you get it out of your system and then we could move forward. And you know what? Looking back...I don't blame you. Not anymore. You were desperately unhappy. I just wish that you'd have believed me all those years that I tried to let you know that it was okay to go. You didn't have to lie. You didn't have to sneak. You could have had what you needed, the easy way. I didn't ever want for you to take yourself to the place that you did. People deserve to be happy. I wanted that for you.


But this song? Really? I'm the one who loves techno, loves to dance, loves word tripping...and it's been years that I couldn't listen to it without pain. Why all of a sudden? Who knows? I don't care, I'm just glad. Today, this song is mine. It's not yours anymore. I'M the bulletproof one. IF I get my foot caught in a door, it'll be because I let it happen.

You still get Ed Hardy, though. Don't think I'll be able to get my head around that one, ever. Not that I want to. Don't care for it, you're welcome to it.

Hands off La Roux, though.
Just thought I'd let you know how it lies now~
;)

No comments: