Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Don't.

Not only is this song a classic, imo, but it's something wonderful. It asks the questions that we all want to know the answers to. It proclaims the things we all want to say. It addresses the fears we each have, and begs for the closeness that we all seek. My own adaptation, within artistic integrity of the original (were I to take it apart the way that I truly want to it would no longer belong to where it rests, so i've stayed quite close, I think).


Don't You Forget About Me

Won't you...
come see about me?

I'll be alone, dancing ~


Tell me all your troubles,

and doubts.

Give me everything,

inside and out.

Love's strange, it's so real in the dark...


Think of the tender things that we were working on.


Slow change may pull us apart...


And when the light gets into your heart, 
Don't You Forget About Me.


Will you stand above me?
Look my way, 

but never love me...

Rain keeps falling down

Will you recognise me?
Call my name,

or walk on by...?Don't you try to pretend.


It's my feeling that we'll win in the end.

I won't harm you,

or touch your defenses of 
Vanity and security.

Just...Don't you forget about me.


I'll be alone ~ dancing.

Please,

Don't You Forget About Me


As you walk on by.
Will you call my name?


When you walk away...



already forgotten.








No comments: