Sunday, September 29, 2013

no words

Bullying. 
At best it's a high annoyance and just simply completely stupid. 
At it's worst it causes it's victims to contemplate suicide, either because they buy into the abuse or they can't get away from it, they feel, in any other way.
The last scenario is what puts me in a car in a few short hours, in horrid weather conditions at an iffy time of year, to drive my younger 3 states away to stay with family and to heal. To get out of this fucked up, seriously addicted town. 
So much more, so many threads, stories, details. 
All I can really think of at the moment is that I'm grateful that we have loving, stable family willing to jump in and help us out. Without a blink they agreed. 
That helps...I can't even look at how hard this is for me to do.
Lawyers have been consulted, police talked to, warnings given out. 
It's been bad. Beyond bad. It's been close to the worst cases you've heard of. 

And there's this:
I'm beyond exhausted. 

I'm worried, for the first time in a long time, about whether or not I have the physical capacity to make this run. I have to get us there in a day, rest up, turn around and get home...leaving her there. We've only ever been apart for a couple of days a few years ago when she went to a summer camp. She's 16. Just to put it in perspective.
It's fine, she's excited. I don't blame her. I would be also.

But for myself? 
I already miss her.

I need to get sleep now.

No comments: