Friday, December 27, 2013

Tolkien...edits

I may not know what the road ahead looks like,
I may not know what's around the bend.
I only know forward is the way I must go
And travel on til I reach the end.
~me, and every other person who's ever been in this position.

It's a time of end and begin, that strange limbo where we all sit for a moment while doubt, fear, insecurity all whirl their winds around us...
In this time is when we make our final choice to either hold or proceed.
For me, the time of holding is done. Let the doubts whirl. Let the insecurity cry it's song. My path is set and forward on I will go.
To leave this town, that is such a stranger to me...
To move into that next phase of living. 
To be brave.
To follow my heart, with my head as my guide.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”
-JRR Tolkien

No comments: