Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Good morning :)

So...that post last night.

To clarify...

It's not a bad thing.

Like, I didn't lose my job, my house, I didn't get "in trouble" for anything.

I had a dream the other night, not one of those dreams, but a dream. I was moving down a road, not in a car but keeping pace with a car, an old road, along a field...again...and then a deceptively slow-moving river just beyond the short Alder type trees growing along the non shoulder of the road. The river was full, which gave it the appearance of slow movement...I love to sit and watch rivers in that rain swollen state...
Anyway.
Someone that I care about was driving the car I was beside, and a trailer was being towed. I found myself feeling a need to check the hitch, unobtrusively, as it was pulling hard to one side, and found that a sway bar had broken off and the chain was pulling hard to the other side. Now, I'm on foot and began trying to get up to the driver's window to let them know when suddenly it stopped. Whew, I thought. Good.
The driver got out, I pointed, they looked and said Got it, it'll be ok now...follow me. And across the road, through the trees and down the slope to the river they went, in a flash. My legs are much shorter, so I hustled, got to the side and scoped for a safe route down, holds to grab and anything to brace on if I started to slide... without going in. I know a calm looking river is never calm when full like that, and rarely ever to start with.
Looking down, I see no-one, but hear them give me directions for the path clearly. Didn't make visual sense but I knew that if they said it, it was ok, so I went.

Slip, slide, surf the muddy bank...and then stop.
Smiling face for a moment, hand grabbed, "c'mon...that was the easy part. Now it gets tricky...you good?"
I didn't answer, just walked forward to catch up.
I was pushing through brush, hearing the river critter rustles, eager and curious, not unafraid but not worried of what was next, at all, when I woke up.

And that. Is what I mean.
Got it?
Have a great day ~
=)

No comments: