Wednesday, November 20, 2013

well, then...

Very productive day...moving into another.

Computer frustrations this evening. And many computer successes.

Good info mtg with younger girl and the U3 program. She's been working on the application packet all evening, need 2 more bits from the school offices tomorrow, then packet goes in. I'm glad she's aiming for this, even with a move we'll figure it out. She's quite bright, that's not biased, and she can do the work that will be required. Both the girls have struggled with the issue of needing to do things simply for the fact of the doing, instead of everything having a deep mean or purpose. I see now some wisdom in keeping them held back at times, but when they were younger I let them run with their own head in the learning of things. At any rate, too late for all of that, and I think that in the long run I'm much happier that they are able to use their brains and see through a bunch of bs instead of only being sheep. Even with the curses that can accompany the non-sheepness.

The house is probably almost as close as it'll get to being listed. No rain set for the next couple days, from what I can see, so I can get the yard work, shrubs whipped into shape. A bit more priming to do, a door to replace on it's track, a frame to re seat after an enthusiastic friend yanked the door open and hauled it off of it's placing, and a drawer front from girl's bathroom to put back on.

Picked up a few more hours through the bakery. Thank God. 9 hours a week doesn't feed a child well, although I do know that i can ask her father for help there...i'd so much rather not. Laughingly, I'll say that I wanted to lose 4 more lbs before my birthday, so it's as good a time as any to do that. ;)
But I gathered up another 9 this week as well, so that'll help. I'm grateful. Yay for November Thankfulness :)

Helping a someone with a something. It's a different situation, being on the outside/inside, meaning that it's not my project per Se, I'm in the editing capacity. That's what part of this not sleeping yet night is about. Up late working on bits. I'd like to see it put together rather rapidly. We need to discuss marketing, publishing, and a few things of that sort. So much easier when it's only my own self riding on it, but also easier then to let it go more. When it's out and available, it's going to be an awesome thing. Truly.

Stuck my nose in a place a few days ago where it likely shouldn't have been put, pulled it back out.

This will seem quite random, but it isn't. To me. It will be to you.

I'm all for marriage. I'm all for long-term, committed relationships. I have not one single thing against them. NONE. I believe in it all. I've said that here, and I'm saying it again. It's true.
I will also always support the relationships of others and stay waaaaay the fuck out of them. So when I recently said something about something, I wasn't discouraging...only questioning the timing. I've learned in my life that when it comes to such matters, taking your time wisely can be a lovely thing. I never enter a relationship of any kind anymore with an exit strategy planned. I used to. Even in the past couple years I did. Not out of anything other than blank fear. But that good friend that I needed to say goodbye to helped me to reach that point in myself where I can face those things with only a little flinching and stand in the storm of them while they swirl around me as I wait for the beautiful things to fall out and to my feet without bolting from the fear of pain.
So, as my darling friends head to the altar, I support them in every way, with love and friendship, loyalty and faith in their devotion to each other. 
Love is never a mistake. And it truly can overcome. Ego cannot. Love can, and does.

Onward.

Both girls are ready to be into Christmas. I'm a die-hard "not before Thanksgiving" person, but they are both ready now, so now we are feeling into the Christmas thing. Well, they are. And I'm supporting them in that...with minimal grumbling inside.

Sleep is trying to claim me now...Sleep I will answer to. 

Sorry all, sleep well and deeply, please. 

Only because I love it so...

Clair de Lune
Debussy


No comments: