Monday, November 4, 2013

Today

Today was a good day. So was yesterday, for that matter. Hell, Saturday rocked as well...and Friday last sure didn't suck.

Today I was up in Eatonville and decided to drive home by way of Alder and Ashford.

I'll write more about that later.

I went to the old Alder cemetery. It's been years since I was last there. I remembered several of the markers, but of course there were new ones. Life does march on...
This one, pictured below...look at the dates.
It's so sad, and incredibly beautiful, all at the same time.

Almost 50 when they married, and not married very long before death claimed him. And let me state that "marriage" isn't the point here...

They had that time together. It wasn't decades, but I bet they made it count. As least, I'm deciding that they did.

Because I'm a girl. A terribly pragmatic, rational girl who knows too much about life but believes in love and hope and all things beautiful.

No comments: