Wednesday, November 20, 2013

like a diamond, from black dust... more than just the song now...

We each have our dark sides. Those pieces of ourselves that are hurt, angry, broken, full of sadness...
I've kept my darknesses hidden, except in my writing, for so many years. Not out of shame, but because I know that others won't understand, they won't know how to act when they know. 
I don't want for anyone to feel uncomfortable around me. My wounds are no longer raw and open, the scars are well healed, but they are there. They are part of who I am, so if I bring anything good to any part of anything, a large portion of that good was born out of the dark. 
In me, it was. 
Light and dark need each other.
Pain and joy must co-exist.
My tears and broken bits have given my laughter and any light that shines through me their strength. 
It's just how life is.
Your pain, your fear, your anger...
they don't frighten me.
I understand them.
I'm not going anywhere.
Do mine, frighten you?
Can you see them and see that they no longer control me?
Can you see my scars, the visible ones, the ones that I still lie about?
I'm sorry for that...it's so hard to be open.
But...
Can you see the good that has come from those things?
I am so much more than the dark.
Don't run away...
Know it for what it once was,
See me for who I am now.
And then you will know me.



Kelly Clarkson
Dark Side






No comments: