Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A good day for skimming the smooth surface, taking care of visible business, and letting the unseen sift and settle. It'll sort itself and show me what needs managed.
It was an eventful weekend, full on all counts. It was a wonderful weekend, exhaustion notwithstanding. It was a lovely weekend, worries and all.
It was made quite clear to me, again, that I am not immune to unnecessary worry. The whole week was full of it and much self talk to diffuse it.
Panicking on the way home last night, daughter incommunicado, but while there WAS something going on, it was ok. Much good happened for her, that she made happen, out of her determination to not accept being deeply sad and afraid. When I talked with her, and her good guy friend, about the events of the 2 days, for each of us, I almost shouted with relief that she recognized her power over that demon fear. It was a beautiful thing.
And we reached a lasting detente over a matter. I'm grateful for that.
A nice 20 hours with a someone and family. Watching the dynamics and interactions was great, there's much open communication and that's most of the battle. I hope he does know that he's doing a fantastic job. There are bumps ahead but they'll make it through just fine. It helped me to see the many similarities between our families and to not let the unreal, imagined terrors of my parenting in this life haunt my heart. It's going to be ok.
I'd like for them to meet. They will when it's time, I suppose.
And now, that horrid Valentine's day is just 3 days away.
I. HATE. VALENTINE'S. DAY.
Because of the stress people begin to feel about what they are worried that other people's expectations are.
I have none. It's Friday. I will go to work.
Ermahgerd.
So now, sore throat from something most highly enjoyable that I wish I'd been able to make happen in hand, I shall take the car for its oil change.

No comments: