Thursday, February 6, 2014

***to draft or not to draft...how about, an edit?

always the question on my mind.

I almost drafted that piece. I've been misunderstood so often, I worry about but covering every space of thought it idea. People generally don't take the time, or even seem to realize that perhaps there is a need to clarify something, they take it as they understand life and the beautiful, precious thought is lost. Unappreciated. Gone.

So I typically struggle with these shares. Here is why.
I go back and reread, with someone else's eyes and mindset, and I see the dark places. Then I worry. And I decide that it's better to just pull the thought and keep it silent. But I get tired of that. I treasure this particular thought. So I'll go the route and clarify a few things that could have popped up.

When I talk about the things that I love to do, I don't mean that I have to do those alone. Company is almost always welcome...almost always, because there are times when the day has been difficult or I'm hormonal and I need a moment or 12 to debrief myself. The people I care about are always welcome in my world, without exception. They, however, may choose to not be while I decompress. I understand that it isn't always fun to be in a room with someone who has headphones in. I don't mind, and it doesn't bother me to be on that other end either. Hello's are said, acknowledgment given. Better understood?

Never a lack of regard or concern on my part. Because the biggest keys to any relationship are consideration and communication, trust and honesty, kindness and humor...add, acceptance and forgiveness when those other items fall through.

Am I closed to the idea? No. I guess what I really meant to say is that "it" was never my focus. And it still isn't.

Questions? Ask!
But there won't be. Blogbots don't ask, don't care.
Gnite. There's a book waiting for me.

No comments: