Thursday, February 13, 2014

Tonight

You know those days at work, when the pressure is intense, the pace relentless, the public unforgiving and your co-workers are depending on your abilities and insight to keep them safe, literally, and make it happen for everyone?
That is the tax office in peak.
I love it.
I curse it.
Anyway. It's great. Without arrogance in the least, I can say that I'm fairly decent at my job. And that feels good.

Now, after a hard workout, a hot bath. Bubbles, strawberry scented bubbles. Cinnamon tea. Candlelight. A fantastic book. Soft music. A common ritual for me but appreciated to the fullest, always. To take a moment, be a girl...scrubbed soft and smooth skinned, hair up, relaxed, warm, pink and happy. Do my nails, lotion, silky things to wear. I'm not young and lovely any longer, but I don't feel old. I feel. Everything beautiful.

No comments: