Monday, October 21, 2013

A thought...edit with quote to complete.

I needed this, again. 
Right now.
I'm good at loving and accepting others, I've got that down fairly well these days...and it's easy for me to do. I see what they may call faults or weaknesses in themselves evidence of a life lived, experiences had, lessons learned or being learned, love shared, love given, taken, lost...simply being delightfully, wonderfully, beautifully human.
I am not, however, good at accepting the same in myself. I rake myself over rocks. My faults, as I perceive them. My weaknesses. It's not a self-confidence thing, which many may say that it is. It really, really isn't. I would say if it was, I have no reason to deny what a truth would be.
It's the deep concern that I may hurt someone by missing a cue, assuming...anything...or, in my case, refusing to assume, anything. I never know where the line is until I'm over it, in my typical awkward, broken, stumbling way. To have someone misunderstand my missed cue as a judgement, a displeasure...terrible. 
So, having this reminder, to accept myself and trust those in my life to know who I am and that I am just that, I appreciate it. That's what this gives to me.

Thank you to a friend for sharing this.

No comments: