Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Shadows and light

Shadows. Such interesting things. The disruption of light and distortion of reality.
There are lessons there. Different ones for everyone.

Face the light. See what's real. The shadows are neither here nor even true representations of what was.

Those flowers...beautiful roses.
Deep, vivid red.
My middle name, although few know that.

And all I can hope is that my butt isn't that big.
;)

Shadows, cold. Flat. No ability to appreciate scent. No color.

The sun. Warmth. Depth and texture. Brings scent to a fuller level, explores and enhances color.

Negative thinking, negative focusing, blocks the light. It shadows what is there.

I do know that at times our eyes simply cannot tolerate the light...we have to choose the process of becoming accustomed to it.

Take my hand. I'll watch your steps while you learn to live in the light. I want nothing more than for you to feel the warmth of life's sunshine on your face, through your spirit, in your heart.

No comments: